Raise children to be accountable to life - from Hyde School
- Do not do for your children what they can do for themselves.
- The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.
- Value success and failure.
- Treat your child as if they were someone else’s.
- As a matter of practice, expect your child to do things they may not want to do, just because.
"One telling statistic to emerge: only 6% of this year's graduating class of MBAs from Harvard Business School chose to go into investment management. This is the smallest number since records, released by Soifer Consulting, have been kept. Twice this proportion of Harvard MBAs wanted to be investment managers in 2011. Instead far more head for private equity and venture capital."